I’m obsessed with grapefruit, in theory. It’s one of those Vitamin C-rich super-fruits that can help boost your metabolism, reduce stress and strengthen your immune system. But when it comes taste, I’m not a huge fan. I find grapefruit to be a bitter pill to swallow and an even harder taste to get rid of.
That being said, I have come up with a unique juice blend to naturally sweeten up the grapefruit. Adding pear, apples, ginger, and lemon not only enhances flavor but also gives the drink a nice health boost as well. It’s the first in my series of Bitter-less Elixirs and the recipe can be found below:
Bitter-less Elixir: Grapefruit Juice
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 grapefruits
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/3 fresh ginger stick
- 2-3 apples
- 1 pear
- Juicer (I love my Omega Juicer. It’s pretty pricey, but I’ve had it for several years and use it to make everything from fresh juice to homemade hummus. A worthwhile investment. Super easy to clean as well.)
Pulling it together:
- Slice up the fruit into thin pieces (see picture below)
- Set up your juicer in a way that allows the strainer to catch excess pulp
- Add fruit slices and turn on the juicer
- Empty juice contents into a mason jar. Bottoms up!